So. You all know about my book. Maybe you do, anyway. Here's what I need. I need questions about recovery. I promise I won't shove recovery down your throat with my answer (at least, I'll try not to) Nor will I criticize or judge you for your condition or question.
This is the letter I've sent to my friends:
You don't have to have an eating disorder to have questions about anorexia, body dysmorphia disorder, bulimia, Binge eating disorder, or recovery from any of the aforementioned.
So Please Ask Me ANY Question you have.
If I have a decent answer, I'll put it in my book.
Sample questions that I've gotten from others:
1. What is Body Dysmorphic disorder?
2. What if you don't have an eating disorder, but you have the thoughts (i.e anxiety about what you eat) but you don't act on them?
3. What if I stop purging, but don't stop binging?
Sample questions that I will NOT answer:
1. What's a good diet for me, cause I want to lose a whole bunch of weight really fast?
2. Can you give me tips on how to be anorexic?
Questions like these not only give me ulcers, but will be answered with a very angry and strong worded letter.
That said, I know I'm kinda vague on what to ask/not ask. So ask anything. I won't get mad at you, I promise. Just PLEASE ask me a question. ANYTHING helps. Oh, and let me know how you want me to cite you (anonymous, username, real name, etc)